The spine surgeons at First State Orthopaedics provide specialty experience and treatment for the common and complex cervical, thoracic, and lumbar disorders. Both of our spine surgeons are Fellowship trained in spine surgery and are regularly listed as Top Docs in Spine Surgery by Delaware Today.
We take great pride in the fact that our surgeons have a distinguished record of successful treatment of over 5,000 injured individuals. The First State Orthopaedics' spine team offers a full range of treatment for degenerative and traumatic conditions, including:
Minimally invasive techniques for lumbar discectomy and spinal fusions
- Lumbar and Cervical Total Disc Replacement
- Cervical Discectomy and fusion
- Lumbar Discectomy and Fusion
- Rehabilitation management of the injured worker
- We also offer a wide array of nonoperative treatment techniques, including injections, physical therapy, and exercise.
Importantly, some of the prescribed spinal procedures can be performed at the First State Surgery Center.
With the support of our patient-friendly staff, the expert spine surgeons at First State Orthopaedics have dedicated their medical experience and expertise to making your life better.
Frequently Treated Problems:
- Arthritic Disorders
- Failed Back Surgery
- Nerve Compression
- Spinal Stenosis
- Low Back Pain
- Cervical Pain/Whiplash
- Post Traumatic Injury
- Second Opinions
- Anterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion
- Posterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Fusion for Trauma
- Lumbar Decompression and Fusion
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Techniques
- Motion Sparing Technology
View additional animated procedures and information in our interactive education center.