The Orthopaedic Trauma Care Center at First State Orthopaedics is unique in that we are staffed entirely by fellowship-trained orthopaedic traumatologists. FSO has the states first two fellowship trained trauma surgeons in the state. This means that in addition to completing requisite training in orthopaedic trauma treatment, our physicians have obtained additional training in advanced trauma care. That is why we have gained the reputation for providing outstanding treatment for patients with complex bone fractures or multiple injuries. When combined with other experts at First State Orthopaedics, our orthopaedic trauma team offers patients state-of-the-art care.
The team at First State Orthopaedics Trauma Care Center applies advanced technologies to repairing fractures. These techniques lead to markedly better outcomes. Many of these techniques are minimally invasive, thus allowing for less pain and a faster recovery.
Trauma services we provide:
- Pelvic fractures and hip joint (acetabular) fractures involving the joint surface. Without proper treatment, these injuries can lead to deterioration of the joint, stiffness, pain, and arthritis.
- Fractures that are healing poorly (malunion) or are not healing at all (nonunion)
- Multiple injuries resulting from falls, accidents, or other traumas
- Reconstruction of joints that have been injured by fractures
- Techniques to preserve degenerated or broken joints This may help slow-or even reverse-progressive deterioration in joints
Use of locked plating systems to reconstruct bone fractures due to osteoporosis
The team at First State Orthopaedics Trauma Care Center applies advanced technologies to repair fractures. These techniques lead to markedly better outcomes than with some older treatments. Many of these techniques are minimally invasive, thus allowing for less pain and a faster recovery.
View additional animated procedures and information in our interactive education center.